If the item you want is a high-demand item and on short loan, you will be able to book it. The book will then be able for you when you want it.
- Log in to LibrarySearch (top right).
- Enter your Unitec email address (eg) firstname.lastname@example.org and password.
- Search for the item you want to book.
- Click on the Find in Library tab to see where the item is and click the Request link.
- Select the Booking radio button.
- Click on the Check availability link to see if there are current bookings on this item: Yellow means "library is closed"; Pink means "unavailable"; White means "available";
- Fill in the date and times you wish to have this item and click Request.
- You will not be able to book an item for longer than its short-term loan period. That is, if there is only a 2 hour loan item held, you cannot book it for more than 2 hours.
- Item is only available at the location it is currently on short-loan.
- You need to come to the desk and ask for the item you have booked.
- You must pick up your booked item within 20 minutes of the start time.
- You will not receive an email regarding the booking.
- You can only have maximum three booking requests of three different titles, and one booking per title.
- Future limits of Booking requests (how far into the future a booking can be made):
- For 2 hour loans, up to 7 days in advance.
- For 24 hour loans, up to 7 days in advance.
- For 3 day loans, up to 21 days in advance.